Monday, November 7, 2011

Boys Rule Scrapbook Kit -- ROCKS!!! Check it out.

Hi Everyone,

I have something to shout to you about what I am doing this month.  I am a Guest Designer for a fairly new site that has 2 kits a month that deals with BOY.  One is for the younger set and one for the older boys or Men.  The site is called:  Boys Rule Scrapbook Kits.
This month's kit is fabulous for the older boys it contains a lot of Tim Holtz and I have had so much fun playing with it and still have more I want to do.

Here is a layout I did with the kit"


I did this layout of Matthew from last month.  I used Walnut stain around the edges of the pattered paper, Tim Holtz Kraft Core that has been distressed, burlap that I frayed the edges, the sprocket gears are grunge that has been embossed by the CuttleBug and stained along with smooch and then I added some Tim Holtz trinkets on top.  Everything, I mean everything was in the kit except the Kraft Core paper.  I had fun playing with this.
Here is a close up of the Idea-ology sprocket gears and the grunge sprockets with smooch spritz





The next layout is another one of Matthew and I call it "my handyman", this is when he remodeled the kitchen.


on this one I used grunge, screw brads, CuttleBug to emboss on the grunge and spray it with smooch Olive Green, then I used the cording to put around my journaling.  The blue paper is Coredinations from my stash.   
Here is a close up of the grunge, brads and cording.



Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. YOU rock Karen! Your layous are wonderful! I'm glad you liked the things in the kit....your gears look so awesome too! You have embossed them and dyed them....perfect...so many possiblitites with those things :)
    Thanks for playing with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great layouts!! Such fun boy embellies, like those gears and the burlap. Great boy pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pafges Karen. I create alot of boy pages to and I love the detail on your pages. Thanks for joing the family challenge this week at The Paper Variety.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...