Monday, May 6, 2013

Cards in Envy -- Many Thanks for Challenge #4


Oh My Goodness, Cards in Envy has the best sketch this week.  I had so much fun working on it. 
I rotated it so the rounded corners were on the bottom. 
I used a SRM sentiment, My Minds Eye -- Indie chic, some olive and brown cardstock, and a corner punch to round the corners.'
Here is my card:



Remember, Cards in Envy is for cards that fit into a regular first class postage envelope. The most common size being the A2 (5.5 inch x 4.25 inch) OR a square card (5 inch x 5 inches or SMALLER). And please remember no lumpy bumpy embellishments. A good rule of thumb is--only one layer on foam tape, no buttons on foam tape, flat flowers (paper flowers are good), no rosettes, no super thick buttons or brads, etc. If all layers and embellishments together are thicker than 1/4 inch then it's not a card for Cards in Envy. Any cards that look too lumpy or bumpy or appear too thick will not qualify for the winners circle and may be removed from the challenge.


The challenge starts today, Monday, May 6th and runs until Sunday, May 19th. The Design Team will pick One Winner and a Top Three. Each will earn a Cards in Envy Badge for their blog.

Come over and play with us.

Photobucket Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. I have a grinding noise that is keeping me from publishing everything from
    the Cyan toner. Could this coincide case?

    Also visit my blog post ... xerox phaser 8560 driver

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful take on the sketch, wonderful color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors are so soft and inviting. Great choice of papers! I agree that it was a great sketch to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, I love the paper colors you chose for the sketch. Your card is so pretty and a perfect thank you card. And I have to agree - I LOVE this sketch and will be using it again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I love the flowers on here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a fun sketch! I love how you used it and your pretty floral paper!
    Thanks for joining in on my Flowers and More Flowers challenge at Sandy's Crafty Creations!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen your card is so pretty, I love your choice of papers with the chevrons and zigzags in the pattern, they tie together beautifully and I love how the black framing your top layer really draws you in to the sentiment. Beautifully Done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Karen! These pps are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a bright pretty card, that top DP is lovey!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These patterned papers work so beautifully together! ~andrea

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...