Sunday, April 14, 2013

My homework with Stencils

I am taking class with Audrey Yeager and this is week #2 at My Scraps and More. Our homework was to use a stencil she gave us and use some of the techniques she showed us.  She gave us a sketch, but it had flowers so I had to make it masculine, since flowers would not work I used gears.

Here is the sketch:

[image]


This is what I did:


I don't usually use stencils with ink, so this opened me up to a whole new world and I even learned to use part of the stencil, which looked like a sun with rays.  I spattered some tattered angel and left the chipboard naked because it was white.

Here is close-up of the corner and I think it came out better than I imagined.


I even used one of the emblems he stripped off his bike to put in the center of it.

I also wantd to use some chevron in it,because I love them with my Boy's layouts, so About a Boy had a challengChevrons and I am entering it there.  I also had a challeng at My Sketch World to try something new and that I did.  I did not even hurt the paper.
Photobucket Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Yay Karen we gold u it didn't hurt another thing u can use more hour Ink a pools
    Start with a stencil holder this is not gonna be hour last looks great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need a new keyboard like u
      Lol we won't call it mm
      Keep them together you r gonna live it next
      Gesso
      Texture paste

      Delete
  2. Great job Karen! Love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this turned out super cute!!! LOVE the white on the black!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...