Monday, April 15, 2013

Things with Wings is new challenge at Cards in Envy

Hello,

I have a new challenge for you at Cards in Envy. This challenge is not a sketch so it can be anything with WINGS. 

I had a lot of fun with this card. Whenever I think of wings I think of butterflies and happy colors.  So I picked yellow and white as my happy colors of cardstock.  I found my Martha Stewart punch and punched out 12 butterflies.  I made a banner at the bottom with SRM sticker and cardstock.  I ran the white paper through the embosser of tiny dots  and here is a card for a friends birthday in April.  I hope she does not see it.


Come on over and play with us at Cards in Envy, I would love to see your take on what you will do.
Just a reminder about kind of card fits:

Remember, your card needs to fit in a regular envelope for mailing and NOT require extra postage. No extra thick lumpy, bumpy embellishments--nothing thicker than a regular shirt button . Card should not be any thicker than 1/4 inch. 5x5 Cards will fit into a 5x7 Greeting Card envelope. 6x6 cards require additional postage and therefore will not be allowed. If you love square cards, though smaller, you can make 4.25 x 4.25 cards and they will fit in a regular envelope. You can also make shaped cards or easel cards as long as they are the proper size and are also not too thick.

Photobucket Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Your card is so bright and happy! Perfect for an April birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a great looking card. Love all the butterflies! ~ Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how bright and happy this card! I also love butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your bright yellow butterflies. So simple but so pretty and stunning! Great card for the challenge!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. The multiple butterflies and color is so eye-catching. This is such a happy card! I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great way to use the punch Karen! I like the style the repetition gives the card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great design and wonderful butterflies. I love that you embossed the background as well. Simple but beautiful.
    ......`*•.¸*•¸You Are An ¸•*¸.•*´
    .•:*¨`*:•Awesome DT Member!.•:*¨`*:•.
    ♥ Denise @ Digi Haven ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card. Love the yellow and the dotted Swiss embossing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...