Sunday, September 15, 2013

A little bit Retro for Cards in Envy

The next challenge is up for Cards in Envy.  It is to do a Retro card and make sure it is an A2 flat card so you don't have to pay extra postage to send it to a friend or relative.
The challenge will run September 16 - October 6.  I hope to see you come over and play. 
I would love to see what you consider Retro is.  I chose colors and shapes of what I saw as I grew up.

Here is my card:


Not sure who makes the paper, use some twine and a Stampin'Up Stamp on some brown cardstock.

Do the colors bring back memories for you?  It does for me, especially with my reunion next weekend.


Photobucket Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Those colors and shapes definitely go back a few decades, so I think they fall into the retro classification for sure. The twine really adds a finishing touch to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen this paper just screams retro at me. It looks like some wallpaper someone in my family would have had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your retro colors and design/shapes! I so remember everything being these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally love those colors too!!! I know I grew up with those colors also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so creative and I love how you used the twine.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors and shapes are perfect for this retro challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card reminds me of the show "Laugh-In" - totally retro! Sock it to me! ~ Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those colors are definitely retro and so are the shapes. Believe it or not when I was growing up my parents had a shag carpet in that orange color. It was hideous! LOL. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...