Monday, September 2, 2013

Manly Challenge over at Cards in Envy

Photobucket

Hi everyone,

There is a new challenge over at Cards In Envy and I would love to see all you go over and give it a try.  It is to make a manly card, I know it is out of your comfort zone, but I know you can do it.



I decided to use this bright paper that reminded me of argyle socks.  So I concentrated on the gold accent, used a clock, and used some rope twine to accent it.  Also in the corners I used some acrylic dots.
Hope to see you over at Cards in Envy entering your card.

 Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Great card Karen and that background paper is perfectly manly! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, wonderful color choices. How fun to find paper that reminds you of argyle socks and then incorporating it into your color theme! Love the rope twine giving some nice texture to your card. ~ Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fun and bright colors for a birthday card! And the rope twine and red dots are the perfect finishing touches to a great "manly" card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Karen. Masculine is very much out of my comfort zone for cards, but love all the different samples at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rope twine is perfect for a manly card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that line and the cool clock!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the background papers on your manly card and the clock too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the plaid behind the clock!
    I have to admit I got a good chuckle when I looked closely at the sentiment - because the name of the font for it is "Girls Are Weird". So ironic for the masculine challenge, but definitely in line with my sense of humor! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen I love your choice of paper for this manly card, and yes now that you have said it, it does remind me of socks also. The gold accents and clock are wonderful. Beautifully done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clocks are always great images for masculine cards, and I love how you added this one with some great dsp! Nice card for some lucky gentleman!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice card. Manly cards can be hard

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...